I took inspiration from sites such as Ada-fruit, Arduino and Instructables. I loved seeing what others have made although I didn't come across a project attempting to set laundry reminders.
My project is essentially broken down into three pieces:
1. Need sort of sensor that would detect the weight of laundry bag or distance to the top. (Originally, I wanted to use a load cell for 10Ib, but I decided that I would need to be detecting a large enough surface area)
2. A way to measure the distance to the top of the laundry hamper and a way to document it so it would trigger an action once it gets to a certain distance
3. A way to then connect and send the user a reminder
While building the circuit I encountered different issues:
1. I had to try and compare different sensors, but ultimately I chose to use the SHARP distance sensor
2. Calibration error. I soon realized that the results I was getting for distance would be huge numbers that did not make much sense. Hence I had to come up with a formula to convert the values to a scale that is legible.
Is this a good/useful/informative piece of content to include in the project? Have your say!
You must login before you can post a comment. .